The dog days of summer have arrived!
Many parts of the midwest are victims of some very high temperatures this second week in July 107. In fact, many people are finding themselves dealing with the high and humid temperatures one day after another in places like Omaha, Nebraska, and Rushville, Indiana. In many homes, however, just when home air conditioning services are needed most, aging equipment breaks and leaves home owners, especially those who are elderly or ill, without the cooling comfort that they need. Consider some of these facts about the need for the AC repair service industry:
- Families across America rely on air conditioning contractors to quickly repair their cooling systems when break downs happen on the hottest of days.
- Establishing a relationship with an AC repair service can help home owners avoid costly and untimely breakdowns. For instance, scheduling twice a year service visits is a great preventative measure.
- Estimates indicate that 66% of Americans have air conditioning in their homes.
- Like it or not, air conditioners use nearly 5% of all the electricity produced in the U.S., at an annual cost of more than $11 billion to homeowners.
- The goal of having an efficient cooling and heating system is to make sure that you are getting the most comfort from investment.
- Having the fore site to replace central air conditioning equipment, especially those components that are older than 15 years, can result in significant energy savings.
- Estimates from 2006 to 2010 indicate that an average of 79.1 million households had air conditioning without heat pumps; 55.5 million households had central air conditioning; and 23.6 million households had room air conditioners in one or more rooms
- How comfortable are you today? If you are not cool enough in your home on these hot days of summer, it may be time to call an AC repair service.
- Excessive dust can be a sign of leaky ducts, a condition that wastes energy and can be a precursor to future problems.
- Aging equipment is the cause of AC repair service calls. Unfortunately, as many as 20% of the homes built during the 1980s have air conditioning equipment that is more than 20 years old.
- The standard range for human comfort while wearing light summer clothing falls between 72 and 78 degrees and between 35% and 60% relative humidity, according to the American Society for Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).