Are you considering dong a bathroom remodel job? Remodeling Magazine has found this is a solid investment. In their annual report that compares the cost to the value of different remodeling jobs, they found that if a the cost of remodeling a bathroom is more than $16,000, it will recoup about 72.5% of those costs when the home is sold. New bathroom design ideas make this part of the house a very important one for the entire family.
Before you start your bathroom remodeling job, you need to do some work to prepare. This should take up to six months, according to the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) .
- Determine how much you will have to spend. The starting point for any remodeling job, whether you are looking at a kitchen remodeling job or different bathroom designs, you need to know how much you can spend and how much you will have to in order to get what you want. There are a lot of factors that will impact how much you will have to spend to get your desired results. You have to consider the size of the room, the materials you will want and the bathroom design itself.
- Leave some touches of your current bathroom. Most of the time when people are looking to do a custom kitchen design or new bathroom design, the goal is to create a space that looks totally new and fresh. In your eagerness to do this, you may end up losing some great vintage touches that can complement the new bathroom design. Have the designer look at your bathroom and see if there are any features that should be kept.
- Make your focal point something other than the toilet. When you talk to remodeling experts, work on a bathroom design that places something else as the focal point of the room. The toilet is an important part of the room but you can make the room more interesting by implementing a bathroom design that focuses on something else. For example, a bathroom vanity design can be created to make that the first thing people notice when they enter the space. Mirrors or other features can be added to the bathroom design to take attention away from the toilet.
- Make the lighting a key feature. One of the best ways to create a fantastic space is to use creative lighting in the bathroom design. Decorative lighting can be used to create a different mood or give the room a calming and comforting feel. The lighting scheme should allow for changes according to what is being done. People need more light in the morning when they are getting ready for the day and softer light if they are taking a soothing bath at the end of the day.
- Pay attention to the dimensions of the room. There are ways to make a smaller bathroom look larger and to arrange the various cabinets and doors so that they do not bump up against each other. This should also impact what kind of sink or shower and tub you put in the space. It is possible to install a bathtub in even tiny bathrooms. Many bathroom design companies have tubs and sinks for smaller bathrooms. Corner sinks work well in some smaller spaces.
- Make sure your sink is placed at the right height. If your sink will sit on top of the counter, it will have to be placed a bit lower. Just take into consideration your sink height and how comfortable it will be for everyone in the home to use.
- Spruce the space up with some higher end materials. In bathrooms, which tend to be smaller spaces, a little goes a long way. Spending a little more on higher end finishes and materials can really transform a bathroom. Even if you use the most basic materials for the walls and floors, adding a higher end countertop can pull the room together. That safe effect can also be created with the right lighting fixtures or vanity.
A good bathroom design can make all the difference in the world when it comes to creating a calm, relaxing space.