The party venue change occurred at the last minute. Although you were planning to have your daughter and her best friend’s graduation party at the friend’s house, a recent flooded basement changed those plans. And while your home has plenty of parking and lots of backyard space your garage and and basement are not completely presentable. Your husband, however, came to the rescue. He purchased a number of boxes of peel and stick wood panels for the basement, painted the garage walls, and power washed the garage floor. Not all of the spaces will be as nice as they would have been at the other house, but at least your place is dry!
If you need to find a way to affordably change how a room looks a great option might be to apply peel and stick wood panels. In fact, the latest engineered hardwood products can be used on both walls and floors. As many home owners move toward the use of products that require little to no maintenance, there is an entire industry that has developed. Perhaps this is the biggest reason that the interior design industry generates as much as $10 billion a year in yearly revenues.
Peel and Stick Wood Wall Planks Continue to Grow in Popularity
More than 33% of respondents to a 2017 Interior Design Trends survey indicated that they would choose a neutral color palette when redecorating their home. One of the ways that people are able to create this neutral palette is by starting with a paint and then adding flooring and counter tops. Consider some of these extra facts and figures about the interior design industry and the impact that it has on the economy of the nation:
- One of the categories that has grown 75% since 2017, there are currently over 14 billion home looks on Pinterest that have to do with interior design.
- Interior designers recommend updating the decor of a room every five to 10 years.
- 48% of homeowners planned to decorate their homes in 2018, according to a Houzz survey
- Wood can last for hundreds of years without rot or wear with proper care, so this is the reason that it is used so often in home decorating ideas.
- Nearly 52% of all hardwoods in North America are oak trees so there is a wide range of types that are incorporated into many homes.
- Hardwood trees can take as long as 20 years or more to reach maturity, so there are also many companies that are working on engineered flooring products.
Whether you want to make a quick update to the space in your home for an upcoming party or you want to update some bedrooms after the kids go off to college, it is important to make sure that you are aware of all the latest low maintenance products that are available.