If you are looking into replacing a roof, there are a lot of reasons to consider a metal roof when you are doing a roof replacement. Aluminum roofing is a popular and great option for your new roof. Here are some benefits to this kind of roofing.
8 Benefits of Aluminum Roofing for Your Home or Work.
- It will last a long time. There are some steel roofing that is coated with an aluminum-zinc alloy that can last for as long as a century. Other kind of metal roofing can last at least 50 years with the right maintenance. Other kind of roofing do not last as long. In fact, aluminum roofing can last up to seven times as long as asphalt roofing.
- They are very good for the environment. Aluminum roofing will cut your energy bills by about 25% This will be good for people who are concerned about reducing their carbon footprint. It will keep your cooler in the summer and warner in the winrer. Wheras shimgle roofing absorbs the sun’s raying, metal roofing reflects the sun’s rays and heat making more comfrotable for you and your family.
- They are made from recyclable materials. Not only are they fully, 100% recyclable at the end of their life but they are made from 30 to 60% of recycled materials making them a very environmentally sound option for your residential roofing needs. Most asphalt that is used in traditional roofing makes it way to landfills after the roof is torn out. Making them not very environmentally friendly an option.
- They are cheaper. Copper, zinc and stainless steel are the most expensive metal roofing and they are cheaper than a traditional shingled roof. This makes aluminum roofing a very viable option for your roofing needs. They will cost on average about 30% than other common kind of roofing.
- They are pretty. Metal roofing comes in a wide variety of styles and colors so that you can tailor the aluminum roof to your taste and style. Today metal roofing comes in over 100 colors. You can get standard, premium or customized colors for your aluminum roofing. With a typical asphalt roof, you are limited in this area to between 15 and 20 color options. They can come in two styles. There are vertical panels and interlocking shingles. You can galvanized steel, too. You just have a lot more options with metal roofing than with other kinds of roofing materials.
- They will protect your family better. Metal roofing has a wind rating. They have been granted a 140 miles per hour wind rating so you can better protect your family. from storms and other environmental disaster. This means you will be safe and sound in your home, regardless of the weather outside.
- andnbsp;They require very little maintenance. Unlike a traditional asphalt roof, which suffers wear and tear due to rain, wind and the run, aluminum roofing does not suffer these problems. Basically, you only need to hose it off from time to time to keep it looking great. With shingle roofing, you have to constantly check the shingles for any signs of damage.andnbsp;
- You have lower maintenance costs.andnbsp;Along with the reduced maintenance, you have less maintenance costs. Typical roofing costs homeowners between 2 and 5% of their home’s total value every year. That adds up.
The advantages to metal roofing makes it a very good choice when you are looking to replace your roof. The cost savings alone make it work it but when you factor the cost savings on maintenance and energy andnbsp;bills, you have a great roofing material. Add to that the environmental benefits and it is hard to see why anyone would be in a hurry to install a traditional, shingle roof. So, if you are considering a new roof, talk to a roofing contractor about aluminum roofing. You can get your different options and see if this kind of roofing is right for your family and situation.